"IF YOU CREATE THE STAGE SETTING AND IT IS GRAND, EVERYONE WHO ENTERS WILL PLAY THEIR PART."
- Morris Lapidus
A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus - a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. Guests are invited to enter a world where they are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax - however they define a perfect day. Situated on oceanfront Collins Avenue in the heart of Millionaire's Row, Fontainebleau Miami Beach is one of the most historically and architecturally significant hotels on Miami Beach. Opened in 1954 and designed by Morris Lapidus, it was the most luxurious hotel on Miami Beach, and is thought to be the most significant building of Lapidus' career.
The PBX Operator will be responsible for operating a switchboard or telephone console to route incoming calls and place outgoing calls while providing courteous and competent services.
1. Corrects and updates posted information as needed. Assists with the maintenance of directories on-call list, etc.
2. Accurately utilized the features of the PBX consoles, headsets, telephones and other related equipment.
3. Assist with maintaining cleanliness, safety, and security of the PBX area. Maintains confidentiality, security, and integrity of guest and organizational data.
4. Ensures release of information is consistent with all privacy policies.
5. Answers multiple incoming telephone lines.
6. Obtains necessary information and transfers call to correct extensions.
7. Provides information to callers as appropriate.
8. Responds quickly and accurately to disaster and emergency situations as required, remaining calm.
9. Answers all calls (external and internal) in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
10. Performs other duties as required.